How Can We Help?
The Office of Equal Opportunity And Affirmative Action (OEO/AA) is a professional resource dedicated to the University of Utah’s commitment to provide a fair and equitable environment for individuals to pursue their academic and professional endeavors and to equally access University programs. Our services include:
- Providing information and training to the University community regarding their equal opportunity and affirmative action rights and responsibilities.
- Consulting with any member of the campus community regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action issues and possible violations.
- Providing information regarding the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) access and accommodation requirements and evaluates staff and faculty disability accommodation requests.
- Ensuring fair employment practices, the OEO/AA develops, monitors, and reports on the effectiveness of the University’s Affirmative Action Plan, which includes hiring and evaluation procedures.
- Encouraging outreach and recruitment of diverse students, faculty, and staff in programs and activities.
- Assisting members of the University community in interpreting and implementing the University’s Affirmative Action Program.
- Acting as a resource for students regarding projects and assignments.
- Fielding complaints that may be filed by employment applicants, faculty, students, staff, and participants in University programs or services who feel they may have been discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a disabled individual, disabled veteran, or veteran.
Complaints of discrimination – including sexual harassment and retaliation – will be investigated by the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (OEO/AA).