Skip to content


All members of our University community have the right to a campus community be here free of discrimination and sexual misconduct. Including patients. Patients have both rights and responsibilities under the University’s nondiscrimination policy. For more information about policies pertaining to patients, please see the Notice of Nondiscrimination.

If I'm a patient of the University Hospitals and Clinics that speaks limited English, do I have to provide my own interpreter for appointments?

Interpreters are available free for patients and visitors that need assistance in languages other than English. University of Utah Hospital has Spanish -speaking interpreters on staff and additional resources are available to provide assistance for most languages. If you do not speak English or if you are deaf, hard og hearing, or sight impaired, and participate in a program or activity receiving federal funding such as CHIP, Medicaid, or Medicare, you have the right to a free interpreter. Please ask someone at the front desk. To contact Interpreter Services please call 801-585-0657. More information can be found here.

If I'm a patient and have a disability, how do I request a reasonable accommodation?

Patients and Visitors: University of Utah patients and visitors may request an ADA accommodation by contacting the OEO/AA at 801-581-8365 or

Last Updated: 4/20/23