Training is available to any university affiliated group or individual for department meetings, faculty meetings, faculty search committees, student groups, and academic classes.
Training sessions vary in length from 30 minutes to 4 hours and can be tailored to the specific needs of the audience.
Topics of Training
- Policies that prohibit discrimination
- Disability accommodations
- Title IX of the Education Amendments Act
- For managers and supervisors
- Chairs and Deans
- Graduate students and TAs
- As “guest speakers” for academic courses
- Sexual Violence: Prevention Education and Response
For more information about training programs offered by the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, please call 801-581-8365.
Faculty Search training: This training goes over the basics of a search process, the OEO requirements, and information about implicit bias. Each participant on a Search Committee must complete either online or in-person training in order to serve on a Faculty Search committee. If it has been more than one year since you have completed training, you will need to complete the Faculty Search training again. You may contact 801-581-8365 to request in-person training conducted by OEO or click the line for on-line training.